On Tap

  • NOTHING
  • Bunch of Store BEER in Bottles

Friday, February 1, 2008

Jitters Portuccino




















Coffee Beer? Yepper, damn good stuff at that! We added .5 pounds of fine espresso to the boil to give the beer a nice caffeine kicker. We finished off the fermentation with an additional .5 pounds of super brewed espresso to give the beer a nice nose, a bourbon vanilla bean for a interesting finish, and lactose sugar for creaminess. The beer finished at 7% ABV before the bourbon vanilla bean was added.

Notes and Comments

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was pretty sure I was going to like this beer before I sampled because I'm a big dark beer fan and also really like coffee.

The beer did not disappoint. One of the first things I noticed, is that you can get a nice aroma of the coffee in the beer.

The coffee came out in the beginning and as part of the aftertaste. Very good, plus who can't use a little caffeine.

I'm not sure if I tasted the vanilla bourbon. Having said that, it may also be my palate and the fact that I'm a novice taster.

I drink a variety of beers such as:

IPA's
Stouts
Fruit beers - Cherry wheat in particular
Hefeweizens (sp?)
Ales

Overall, I enjoyed the beer and would gladly sample any of the brews.