On Tap

  • NOTHING
  • Bunch of Store BEER in Bottles

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Round 2 P squared Cider

 

My first cider turned out nicely.  But since it was my first, I can do better.  Also it was intended for someone with a gluten problem.  Well, that person did not have a chance to try the cider.  Our neighborhood ladies made sure of that.  So off to the store to gather ingredients and started a new.

 

This time I planned to not let the cider get warmer than 68 degrees.  I made a starter for the 2 packets champagne  yeast using 400 mls of apple juice and 400 mls of water.  As soon as the yeast started I added the juice and concentrate to the fermenter to give us 1.075 OG and pitched.  Today we pulled off a little for testing.  DAMN 400% better than the first batch!  It is amazing how controlling temperature improves fermentable's.  The  first batch chugged away at 74-75 degrees to produce a nice cider.  This batch has never seen anything over 66 degrees.  WOW, I would buy this stuff as is at the store.  We are setting at 1.032. not too much longer...

No comments: