On Tap

  • NOTHING
  • Bunch of Store BEER in Bottles

Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer Brew Plans

 

OK.  It is starting to get really hot!  Houston's summer really suck especially when it is 95% with 99% humidity and you are standing over a boiling pot of sugar water.  The last time I brewed, the temperature was right at 92.  Damn hot for the month of May.  So I will brew one more batch of beer for the summer.  I am toying with the idea of brewing a Lambic...  Now that should be fun!.  Either that or a high gravity lager.  For some reason I am leaning towards the lager.  I guess the fear of cross contamination  to my entire brew house is pushing this.  I read an article in BYO called Reiterated Mashing: Multiple Mashes for Massive Brews (Dec, 2007) by Chris Colby.  You can find references on Basic Brewing and various forums on the net.  The idea sounded like it would be fun.  So who knows...  If this technique works for making high gravid lagers I could possibly use the same technique with other styles of beer.   I do, however, plan to make a lot of cider this summer.  Man is it easy to do and I do not have to deal with the heat.  After making 2 batches of the P-Squared, I think I am hooked.

No comments: