On Tap

  • NOTHING
  • Bunch of Store BEER in Bottles

Friday, November 18, 2011

Long, Long, Way Too Long

OK, is has been a while since we have posted. Also it has been over 2 years since we made beer. And believe it or not, it has been 9 months since we have been climbing. Damn Sinners we are. Life has a tendency to hit you hard and fast. We all need to remember to stop and have a good time. If we are always hell bent chasing the “Golden Ring”, the finer things in life will pass you by. I have been chasing work, dicking with damn PC’s, building and hacking servers, futzing with mobile dohickies, developing crap, braking software systems, fixing software systems, and developing my professional Bull Shit. I had lost myself if the quagmires of chasing success. I forgot what is like to be free. I will not be one of those mind numb drones kissing every pastey ass in the name of a dollar. I AM DONE. To Hell with the “Golden Ring”! It is time to brew!

Long story short, our brew house and pub has totally changed since 2008. I have a few now additions that I will be adding to the brewery. I have a new keg to convert into a mash tun, a nice SS false bottom, a weld-on therm, and March pump. My buddy Carl will be doing all the welding of the SS. Also we will be redoing all the plumbing for the gas on the stand and building a new water filtration system. Charles provided us a great fermentation frig, THANKS! As soon as Carl and I can come together, we will melt steal. The pub has been totally redesigned and redone. We are totally set for fun. There is a lot more planned for tomorrow.

The plan is to rebuild the brew house, calibrate the system to the brewing software, and brew a few pilot batches. I will make 5 small 6 gallon batches and 3 larger 12 gallon batches with the same recipe. The goal is to fine tune the system, retrain myself, and hopefully reproduce the same batch after it is all said and done. I will post new pics and keep updating.

No comments: